Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > Timepiece Community > Reviews

Old 06-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Vintage Watch Forum Moderator

Default REVIEW: ARAGON "Divemaster EVO"

Howdy, all, and welcome to my review of the ARAGON Divemaster EVO. This particular write-up, done in much the same way I did PowerPoint slide presentations during my USN career, is sort of an experiment for me. As such, there are a few misspellings and punctuation errors, but in the main, I like to think I did okay with it. One thing's for sure: it takes a lot less time to put together a presentation like this, and, by extension, the Reader will, I hope, avoid getting bogged down. My main goal in putting this review together was to help out those who are looking at the EVO, but are, for whatever reason, "on the fence" over buying one.

IS this going to be my new way of reviewing watches? I don't know. Like I said, THIS one's an experiment, and we'll just have to see. In ANY case, thanks for stopping by and having a look.

6/21/17 Rancho Santa Fe, CA.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:32 PM
BDWF Exec Admin

I like the new format Mort...well done

I looked at the EVO when it was offered as a pre-order. Pricing was very good, but even the "smaller" 45mm plays too big for my skinny wrists....the thickness of the watch is too much for me.

Nice choice of colorways too
Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS1125 View Post
I like the new format Mort...well done

I looked at the EVO when it was offered as a pre-order. Pricing was very good, but even the "smaller" 45mm plays too big for my skinny wrists....the thickness of the watch is too much for me.

Nice choice of colorways too
Many thanks for the positive feedback, sir! You might be surprised about how well that 45mm actually fits. Mine is the 45, and it really fits me; doesn't move all over the place and -- surprise of surpises! -- it's actually comfortable. Still, no door jamb in your house would be safe, truth to tell...
Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 PM
BDWF Owner

You've done it again old timer. Usually - 'death by PowerPoint' puts not only the audience to sleep - but in my case - as I'm instructing - puts me to sleep also. You've kept the length within my span of attention ....

'Shuddup Mr. Horn and let's get to the damn computer game we came here for' is the usual refrain from America's finest if I get too long on the task, conditions & standards

Oh wait - we're talking 'bout your watch. Now that Wing has escaped the evil valence of Jimbo and ShopNBC - there is new respect for him. Never you mind about Android and other names - this one is clean and easy on the eyes.

As far as dial color - "can't have enough yellow dial"

The weight might be a problem for some of us old timers ... but keeping the bracelet close to and snug on the wrist seems to solve this for my other heavyweights ...

One hopes it keeps decent time - but it easily earns mikiehorn's 'yellow dial award' ...

enjoy it ...
Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn View Post
You've done it again old timer. Usually - 'death by PowerPoint' puts not only the audience to sleep - but in my case - as I'm instructing - puts me to sleep also. You've kept the length within my span of attention ....

'Shuddup Mr. Horn and let's get to the damn computer game we came here for' is the usual refrain from America's finest if I get too long on the task, conditions & standards

Oh wait - we're talking 'bout your watch. Now that Wing has escaped the evil valence of Jimbo and ShopNBC - there is new respect for him. Never you mind about Android and other names - this one is clean and easy on the eyes.

As far as dial color - "can't have enough yellow dial"

The weight might be a problem for some of us old timers ... but keeping the bracelet close to and snug on the wrist seems to solve this for my other heavyweights ...

One hopes it keeps decent time - but it easily earns mikiehorn's 'yellow dial award' ...

enjoy it ...
Thanks, Mikey...I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you were to try this one out; the weight really ISN'T an issue, and I'm like you -- weight is ALWAYS a consideration when it comes to wristwatches.

"Can't have enough yellow dial." Hmmm...THAT just might make a good subject for, I dunno, a watch theme; y'know, like, say, a FRIDAY Watch Theme. Hmmm... NAH, Tony'd just mess things up for everybody...danged Kiwi's.