Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > General Community > Daily Watch you Wearing

Old 04-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Vintage Watch Forum Moderator

Default FRIDAY Watch Theme for 21 April 2017

Hey, guys...Friday's here. Mort's tired, and his feet hurt. He never, EVER wants to go to another Israeli open-air market again, no matter how many beautiful Sabra's are hanging out there, with their gorgeous dark green eyes, amazingly long legs, and delicious-looking darkly tanned skin...but I digress...

I'm wearing a Swiss watch today. And so should you. Because it's Friday. And I'm tired. And I'm not in the mood for jokes here. Just wear a %$#@&*+! Swiss watch...it's not that hard, unless maybe you're from inside the Beltway or Perth-Fremantle, or maybe even Rio Lindo.

But WHY, Mort? you ask.

WHY?

WHY? I'll tell you why....because I SAY so. Because I'm one nasty old dead fellow, and you don't wanna tick me off, over here.

WHY?

Because I'm one bada$$ed watch collector; I put the WIS in SWISS, and you better mind what I say, or I'll Horo your Logical, Auto your Matic, and Idiot your Savant!

So wear a Swiss watch, because if you don't, you're a WEENIE!

No, you're even worse than that!

If you don't wear a Swiss watch, you're Vienna Sausage can water!!

THAT IS ALL...

I'm going with my beautiful vintage Omega Seamaster in my all-time favorite color, green. This is but one of a dozen vintage SWISS Omega's that I bought over a three-year period, and in a virtual "rainbow of colors." The vast majority of them have "beads of rice" bracelets, but I elected to keep this one on leather because the brown in the strap goes very well with the green and gold of the dial. My friends always laugh at me when I say this, but I always get goose-bumps when I see these pictures...

Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 AM
BDWF Sr. Admin

Too late in tbe day Mort.. After 10pm..

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

"Isn't it time we all got Oriented?"

Tony Lewis
New Zealand
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM

Oh, look, here's ANOTHER one!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 AM
BDWF WIS

Benrus NOS, not sure of date of orgin-around 1970 as it used the ESA9154 movement. Just got it back from the jeweler who serviced it.

Last edited by jrgrey; 06-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:48 AM
BDWF WIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortuus View Post
Hey, guys...Friday's here. Mort's tired, and his feet hurt. He never, EVER wants to go to another Israeli open-air market again, no matter how many beautiful Sabra's are hanging out there, with their gorgeous dark green eyes, amazingly long legs, and delicious-looking darkly tanned skin...but I digress...

I'm wearing a Swiss watch today. And so should you. Because it's Friday. And I'm tired. And I'm not in the mood for jokes here. Just wear a %$#@&*+! Swiss watch...it's not that hard, unless maybe you're from inside the Beltway or Perth-Fremantle, or maybe even Rio Lindo.

But WHY, Mort? you ask.

WHY?

WHY? I'll tell you why....because I SAY so. Because I'm one nasty old dead fellow, and you don't wanna tick me off, over here.

WHY?

Because I'm one bada$$ed watch collector; I put the WIS in SWISS, and you better mind what I say, or I'll Horo your Logical, Auto your Matic, and Idiot your Savant!

So wear a Swiss watch, because if you don't, you're a WEENIE!

No, you're even worse than that!

If you don't wear a Swiss watch, you're Vienna Sausage can water!!

THAT IS ALL...

I'm going with my beautiful vintage Omega Seamaster in my all-time favorite color, green. This is but one of a dozen vintage SWISS Omega's that I bought over a three-year period, and in a virtual "rainbow of colors." The vast majority of them have "beads of rice" bracelets, but I elected to keep this one on leather because the brown in the strap goes very well with the green and gold of the dial. My friends always laugh at me when I say this, but I always get goose-bumps when I see these pictures...

[/url]

Now that is a beauty! Can not help but stare as the combo can not be beat!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:21 AM

Many thanks, sir! This is one of those watches that even my READ-MY-LIPS: No New Watches wife likes...
Old 04-22-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgrey View Post
Benrus NOS, not sure of date of orgin-around 1970 as it used the ESA9154 movement. Just got it back from the jeweler who serviced it.
That's a real beauty! I take it the blue on the hour markers, etc., is reflected off something else? If NOT, that's one heck of a color combination...