Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > Timepiece Community > Dive Watches

Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 PM
BDWF Exec Admin

Default First Look: The Doxa Sub 50th Anniversary Limited Edition

Always liked the look of the Sea Rambler myself

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-...mited-edition/

In 2017, Doxa’s iconic divers’ watch is celebrating its 50th anniversary. Doxa will therefore be launching a limited edition dedicated to the original version of the first dive watch that came with an orange dial:

WatchTime was able to get a first glimpse of the prototype model (which means the final watch might be slightly different) during Baselworld — and it seems like this model will be even more faithful to its predecessor (pictured below right) than most of the versions we have seen since the first re-introduction of the Sub in 2002:

The Doxa Sub 300 Professional anniversary edition will be powered by a COSC-certified ETA 2824 and is limited to 300 pieces. The crystal is sapphire, the diameter 42 mm, and the bezel is measured in feet (rather than the more traditional meters), as it was on the original model.

Expect a list price of CHF 2,500 when the watch becomes available later this year.
Additional pictures:
Old 05-06-2016, 04:37 AM
BDWF Owner

As iconic as this is - my attention always goes back to the 1960's collaboration with US DIVERS logo on the dial. In my mind - that model I'd gladly put in my collection - this one - sure why not
Old 05-06-2016, 10:30 AM
BDWF Watch Addict

always liked doxas, they have a unique look to them.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:25 AM
Vintage Watch Forum Moderator

Beautiful watch! And I agree with Arubalu; they have a look all their own. I've never been told -- and , quite frankly, don't want to be told -- why Doxa has gotten so much hate over the last few years. My only trouble with them is they're a bit on the pricy side, even the used ones. I keep looking (and hopin' and prayin') for that elusive affordable Doxa diver with the yellow dial, though...
Old 08-12-2016, 12:11 AM
BDWF Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortuus View Post
Beautiful watch! And I agree with Arubalu; they have a look all their own. I've never been told -- and , quite frankly, don't want to be told -- why Doxa has gotten so much hate over the last few years. My only trouble with them is they're a bit on the pricy side, even the used ones. I keep looking (and hopin' and prayin') for that elusive affordable Doxa diver with the yellow dial, though...
///
Like this one ?

Purchased from a former BDWF member - (we have many of those) who worked not that far from me at Camp Parks CA about 2007 I believe. Watch had some movement work done before the sale and has worked perfectly ever since.

DOXA Divingstar 750T SUB LE GMT
Old 08-12-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn View Post
///
Like this one ?

DOXA Divingstar 750T SUB LE GMT
Yup, that's the ONE, Mikie!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:54 PM
BDWF Watch Addict

a doxa would be my current grail, hopefully it will be my retirement watch,
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubalou View Post
a doxa would be my current grail, hopefully it will be my retirement watch,
Yep, same here.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:54 AM
BDWF Owner

I can't tell youse guys that pre-loved watches from known entities can fill your watch box with grails quicker than getting your bathroom server hacked ...

In this case - someone (a beloved BDWF member whose name currently escapes me) - PM'd me and told me to LOOK at the damned Sales forum and buy the damned thing. I wrote a post dreaming of this watch exactly - and who says your dreams don't come true?

Don't know if lovely things like this also apply to step children - but if they come from a BDWF member - I'd be willing to take a chance.

Many have accused me of maintaining the forum just to pounce on watch deals - but a have a record of letting a posting sit for at least a week before I even approach the seller. All of you who've done business with me have been more than generous. The vast majority of my 'grail' watches have come preloved from BDWF members - (you all know who you are) and I now have a bewildering choice of what to wear every morning. A watch winder for all these would probably cost more than my parents old house ...