Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > Watch Photography and Competitions > Watch Photography

Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Vintage Watch Forum Moderator

Default "Froot of the Lume" AKA The Dead Guy Has Some Fun...

Last edited by Mortuus; 10-16-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:49 PM
BDWF Exec Admin

Outstanding and very creative post......one of the best lume threads I've seen on ANY forum.

Great job Mort!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:55 PM
BDWF Sr. Admin

This thread will go down in history as the finest ever posted anywhere on the interwebz.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

--Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer), Blade Runner
Old 10-16-2014, 11:46 PM
BDWF Watch Addict

Very creative. I never knew 32 Degrees had such good lume.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:58 AM

Thanks very much, gentlemen; you're all very kind...with the possible exception of Conjurer, who used to be a dial painter from Sussex who got explosive radio-diar...uh, hmm, let's just say that the poor guy got really sick, and at one point, he wore a rag, with a huge eyehole cut into it, over his head and went around the town, screaming, "I'm not a vegetable, I'm a man! A MAN, I tell you! Stop calling me 'turnip face!' And 'weiner-bowels!' And don't call me 'Shirley,' dammit! Damn, where's the bloody eye-hole got off to in this thing...?"

So when the poor guy sees a lume shot, there's no telling how he'll react...I mean, sure, what he wrote above may seem really nice, but maybe he didn't really mean it as such. That could have just as easily been his rhodium-eaten mind, saying, "You ate the last slice of Red Baron, a pox upon thee, village boy."

Say, Conj, do you still have that brush and comb set the nice actress lady -- I think her name was Lilly Langtree -- gave you? Such a shame that she passed away before silent films started being made over there. She'd have been a natural...

...but I digress.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:12 PM
BDWF Watch Enthusiast

Old 10-21-2014, 10:40 AM
BDWF Watch Addict

Great fun.

Tee-hee, got me right...
Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Great fun.

Tee-hee, got me right...
I'm glad you liked it, Bustimus Maximus! Now if I can just figure out how to get James over to the posting to see if he likes himself as much as you liked yourself...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 AM
BDWF Owner

To match me up with Seiko was really, really a stretch ... having only owned 7 Monsters, a Land Monster and several others I can't recall as they're family 'hand-me-downs ...

Give you some time and inspiration and I'd bet there's very few things you can't do ...

It gives me great pleasure to note your participation and contributions to the Best Damn Watch Forum
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn View Post
To match me up with Seiko was really, really a stretch ... having only owned 7 Monsters, a Land Monster and several others I can't recall as they're family 'hand-me-downs ...

Give you some time and inspiration and I'd bet there's very few things you can't do ...

It gives me great pleasure to note your participation and contributions to the Best Damn Watch Forum
Thank you, sir; you're very kind indeed! And I feel genuinely lucky to be a part of BDWF...well, except for Conjurer's old people jokes, that is. I think the 'GoLightly' colonoscopy prep meds have finally gotten to him...