View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Vintage Watch Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn View Post
A good looking backside is no guarantee of anything else - but it's still a work of art - even on a watch ...

Indeed - Wing fell in with the JV team of watch retailing and suffered (in my opinion) a loss of credibility as a watch designer and stylist ... Glad to see his prior efforts still evoke passion - lost to a bad crowd - like in Jr HS
Very well said, Mikie. It's a small tragedy -- but still a tragedy nonetheless -- that the Wingster did fall in with the high-tonnage/max-girth gangs these days, for the most part, but he does provide a tiny bone to those who like their smaller pieces; he now offers you a choice of 45mm or 50mm sizes...now, if he'd just start doing some smaller stuff -- say, 40mm -- for us fans of the classic sizes & dimensions. He does have a couple of really good designs out there, such as the "Antigravity" (https://www.aragonwatch.com/ANTIGRAVITY_s/428.htm), which I have come soooo close to buying, but can't make up my mind as to which color to get, because they ALL look bad-arsed. The other one, the "Evo," which is short for "Evolution," (https://www.aragonwatch.com/DIVEMAST...NH35_s/432.htm), I did get, and was one of the lucky brassards who got one of the dark yellow dialed, 45mm versions, which is fortunate for me, as they were all gone within a week of the release.

That being said, I'm probably going to sell the Evo because, despite its smaller size, it's STILL a BIG hunk of top-heavy stainless on your arm, and you can never forget that it's there, as you can with so many other [smaller & lighter] watches... I'd probably make all my money back -- and maybe even score a small profit -- if I sold it, but we'll just have to see.

Anyhow, you're absolutely right: finding these older, much smaller pieces really does trip the old passion trigger, so that's what I'm sticking to. I miss Android terribly. I dislike Aragon completely. Still, if I could just find someone who would trade his Antigravity for my Evo, I'd be in piggy heaven...and if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle, right?

"...reached out and touched the face of God." (And, for those of you who have asked, yes, this is indeed me... )